PruFlexi Med Schedule of Benefits
Hot off the shelf, Prudential recently launched its latest medical rider, PruFlexi Med, that can be attached to PruLink One or PruLife Ready investment-linked policies. PruFlexi Med is another alternative medical plan to the existing PruHealth medical rider. In fact, both PruHealth and PruFlexi Med are pretty similar in terms of coverage.
- Highly customizable medical plan to suit your medical needs – in terms of the daily room & board rate and annual limit.
- No co-insurance, but can opt for zero or RM300 deductible.
- No more 10% payment/penalty if exceed room & board (R & B) rate – if you stay in the room with higher than your R & B rate, you only need to top up the difference. If you stay in a room with lower R & B rate, Prudential will reimburse you the difference.
- Lifetime limit = 20x annual limit.
- If compared to PruHealth, PruFlexi Med has higher ICU coverage (60d) and pre-hospitalization treatment days (90d).
Simplified as below:
|Schedule of Benefits:||PruFlexi Med|
|.||Type of medical plan:||ILP Medical Rider|
|.||Room rate:||To be decided on purchase.
Min: 100/d (can increase multiple of 50/d)
|.||Room & Board (R & B) (days)||120|
|.||Pre-hospitalization Treatment (days)||90|
|.||Post-hospitalization Treatment (days)||90|
|.||Emergency Accidental Out-patient Limit||2% of annual limit|
|.||Emergency Accidental Out-patient (days)||Subject to annual limit|
|.||Home Nursing Care||180 days/lifetime. As charged.|
|.||Kidney Dialysis||As charged|
|.||Cancer Treatment||As charged|
|.||Miscellaneous||Highly customizable plan.
If you stay in a room with lower R & B rate, the difference will be refunded to you.
If you stay in a room with higher R & B rate, you just have to pay the difference.
|.||Annual Limit||Min: 50,000 (can increase multiple of 10,000)
|.||Lifetime Limit||20x annual limit|
|.||Co-insurance||No co-insurance, but can opt for zero or 300 deductible|